Vtrim® for Patients
Better outcomes for your patients begins with a healthier weight. A modest weight loss of >5% (just 10 pounds for a person who weighs 200 pounds) can reduce blood pressure, improve cardiovascular health, delay or prevent the onset of diabetes and improve overall quality of life.
Encourage your patients to take charge of their own health by losing excess weight reaching a healthier weight begins with Vtrim®.
Contact Vtrim® for more information
- Vtrim® has the highest average weight loss of any structured weight loss program at 19lbs in 6 months.
- Participants in clinical trials maintained a 5% weight loss goal at 12 months.
- 33% of Vtrim® participants lose more than 10% of their initial body weight.
- 83% of Vtrim® participants achieve at least 5% weight loss.
The Vtrim® program takes place entirely online with the same behavior-change features that proved successful in clinical weight loss studies including:
- Live expert-led online group (RD, MS)
- Small private groups of 12 to 20 participants
- Individualized Calorie Goal; 1–2 lb loss/week
- Proven Graduated Exercise Program; 2000 calories/wk
- 12-week web-based behavior-change program with supporting activities
- Structured, proven program model
- Online group support (peer and expert)
- Weekly professional guidance, feedback, accountability (website and e-mail)
Vtrim® has been used in obesity clinical trials at the University of Vermont for 19 years and was perfected in an online format over 13 years of research and development. Vtrim® has published:
- 5 peer-reviewed papers that prove the efficacy of Vtrim®
- 2 peer-reviewed papers report correlation of website usage to outcome
- 1 in-press peer-reviewed paper “Vtrim® for Undergrads”
–and the research is still ongoing.